Since 1947, the South Central Wisconsin Builders Association has worked to promote and protect the local building industry by providing membership-based programs, networking opportunities and government representation for members in Rock and Green counties in Wisconsin. SCWBA represents members in all facets of the building industry from general contractors, remodelers and developers, to sales and marketing experts, architects, excavators, plumbers, electricians and financial institutions. Additionally, SCWBA serves a resource to the public, providing information and referrals to help our community enjoy their construction experience.
In order to be approved as a Builder Member in SCWBA, you must demonstrate the following:
In order to be approved as an Associate Member in SCWBA, you must demonstrate the following:
SCWBA offers classes for members at every level of professional expertise from apprenticeships to master builder programs. Topics range from business management, regulation compliance, building technology and safety.
As a member of SCWBA, you will receive a monthly newsletter as well as other communications. These publications, along with our website, bring a wealth of vital information and advertising opportunities.
As a member-driven organization, we encourage you to get involved with our association activities. There are many ways to get involved locally, such as joining and becoming active on one of our many committees or by joining one of our special interest councils.
We actively promote our belief that members should "Do Business with a Member." In addition to our many showcase events we hold, monthly membership meetings and other networking events provide members with the perfect opportunity to network. Be sure to click on our "Events" page for a listing of events.
Each year, SCWBA offers two major events. The first, our annual Parade of Homes, attracts thousands of visitors and showcases new trends in the building industry. Visitors also have opportunities to meet the builder and ask questions as they explore the homes.
Our next annual event is our Home Show. There's no better way to showcase your products, services, and expertise to the public that is interested in home improvement. You and your staff can hold professional demonstrations and educational workshops to help consumers make informed choices and, incidentally, show off the expertise and friendliness you will bring to the construction of their dream project.
From golf sponsorships to charity projects, SCWBA offers a variety of other opportunities to promote your company, develop contacts, and generate sales.
When you became a member of SCWBA, you automatically became a member of WBA and NAHB. Both of these associations offer generous discounts to its members. You can learn more about the NAHB and all it has to offer by visiting www.nahb.org/savings.
Laws and public policy can seriously impact home building and the ability to run a business. Together, we can speak powerfully to decision-makers who affect our industry. Whether it's about zoning regulation, challenging a business code or protecting small businesses, we work to protect the interests of you and your fellow members.
I've Applied. Now What?
Check out our interactive Membership Timeline below to help guide you through your first 6 months of membership.
Within 30 Days:
- Browse the SCWBA, WBA, and NAHB websites.
- Like and/or follow SCWBA on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Houzz, and Instagram.
- Learn about the WBA and NAHB affinity programs and start saving money!
- Put an SCWBA sign up on vehicles, at job sites, and/or at your business.
- Include SCWBA's logo on your website.
- Familiarize yourself with our monthly newsletter.
- Fill out and submit your new member profile.
Within 60 Days:
- Look at WBA Builder Rebate Program (if it applies).
- Log into SCWBA, WBA, NAHB, and GrowthZone websites. Check all info.
- Share your business news on SCWBA social media pages.
- Attend a General Membership Meeting or other SCWBA event.
Within 90 Days:
- Look at the list of SCWBA committees. Decide where you would like to become involved.
- Is time limited and you are not sure how to get involved? Contact the SCWBA office to find out more about how you can serve.
- Carefully review the SCWBA directory and make note of any potential business connections.
- Decide which shows and/or events you would like to participate in to help your business grow.
- Attend a Board of Directors meeting.
Within 120 Days:
- Share your SCWBA experience with someone that you think would benefit from joining.
- Stop by the SCWBA office with a list of questions, comments, concerns and/or ideas to share with the Executive Officer in order to gain more from your membership.
- Invite the Executive Officer to your business or job site.
Within 180 Days:
- Review SCWBA membership materials. Are we meeting your expectations and the goals you set for joining? If not, please contact the SCWBA office so we can better serve you!